plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] building plex86 bios

From: Shannon C. Dealy
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] building plex86 bios
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Robert Millan wrote:

> Hello!
>
> It looks like the problem building the Plex86/Bochs/VGA BIOS
> is related to the direct call to bcc instead of bcc-cc1.
>
> With bcc-cc1 it works, although AFAIK this isn't the correct
> way of building it (bcc-cc1 might not even be in PATH). Hope
> it brings some clue on what the problem is.

A few months ago I posted to the email list on this subject and gave the
correct way to do the call using bcc rather than bcc-cc1.  I just looked
at the current sources, and it appears that my change was made, but not
correctly,  Makefile.in (and consequently Makefile) in the bios directory
should have a line that reads:

   bcc -o rombios.s -C-c -D__i86__ -0 -S _rombios_.c

the current file leaves out the "-C" (which must be right next to the
"-c") and the -S.  I believe the ordering of these options may be
critical as well.

This time I submitted a patch rather than just an email, so hopefully this
will get corrected (unless I screwed up the patch :-)

address@hidden     |          - Custom Software Development -