plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] Windows 98

From: Christian Boltz
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] Windows 98
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:02:05 +0200

Hello Yann, hello *,

Yann COLLETTE wrote:
> Does anybody has succeded in installing windows 98 under plex86 ?
> I nearly succeded. I switch between bochs and plex86 to proceed the
> installation but, near the end (during the plug and play detection)
> both bochs (version 1.4) and plex86 fails.
> Maybe the way I proceed was wrong.

I know somebody who has succeed in installing Windows98 under bochs.
But he also wrote that the installation needed much, much time (IIRC a
whole day :-( ) Windows98 worked, but was also very slow under bochs.
AFAIK, he didn't test running the disk image with plex86 und also
stopped testing bochs because it was too slow.
If you have problems, I could ask him how he installed windows under
bochs.

Perhaps you could install Windows using only bochs und then use the disk
image for plex86.

If it works, please send a short howto.

Yours

Christian Boltz