platform-testers

[platform-testers] new snapshot available: grep-2.25.101-be82

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [platform-testers] new snapshot available: grep-2.25.101-be82
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:32:54 -0700

We're getting close, but it seems prudent to go at least one more
round before releasing 2.26.

Testing on BSD-based systems exposed one real bug in the preceding
snapshot. There have also been several AIX-related portability fixes,
as well as a few test changes to avoid false failures.

I did see a failure of grep's surrogate-pair test on an openBSD 5.8
system, but do not expect to investigate it.

grep snapshot:
  http://meyering.net/grep/grep-ss.tar.xz      1.3 MB
  http://meyering.net/grep/grep-ss.tar.xz.sig
  http://meyering.net/grep/grep-2.25.101-be82.tar.xz

Changes in grep since 2.25.92-f3e9:

Jim Meyering (7):
      gnulib: update to latest; for getprogname-vs-AIX fix
      tests: avoid backref-multibyte-slow false failure
      grep: avoid unwarranted "input file 'F' is also the output" on *BSD
      tests: avoid erroneous failure of pcre-jitstack test
      tests: revamp multibyte-white-space test to be more permissive
      tests/fmbtest: avoid false-failure due to reliance on MB-correct sed
      build: avoid "./configure && make dist" missing-dep. failure

Norihiro Tanaka (1):
      grep: add news entry for fix to bug#24233

Paul Eggert (1):
      build: update gnulib submodule to latest

Changes in gnulib since 2.25.92-f3e9:

* gnulib 2867203...fce9b3f (21):