plash

Re: [Plash] Plash status?

From: Thomas Leonard
Subject: Re: [Plash] Plash status?
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:27:37 +0100

On 5 August 2010 01:31, Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> Upgrading PlashGlibc to a newer upstream glibc release usually doesn't
> take too much work.  I did an upgrade a few months ago, but didn't
> finish testing it and pushing it to the Git repo.  So making Plash
> work on the latest Ubuntu/Debian isn't too hard.
>
> The most time-consuming part is running the build scripts that build
> chroots for multiple Ubuntu/Debian releases and build and test Plash
> in them.  This has been why I have tended to run out of spare time
> when I have tried to work on Plash again recently.  Maybe it would be
> sensible for me to drop testing on the older Ubuntu releases to save
> time?
>
> I'd really like to get the autobuilder running again and producing
> packages for Ubuntu Lucid.

Could the OpenSUSE build service help here? They'll build RPMs or Debs
in various virtual machines. e.g. they offer these for Ubuntu:

    Ubuntu 10.04      Ubuntu 9.10      Ubuntu 9.04      Ubuntu 8.04
  Ubuntu 6.06

https://build.opensuse.org/

> I also harbour an ambition to switch Plash to using Chromium's
> seccomp-sandbox.  As well as being more secure, it would remove the
> need for PlashGlibc, which would reduce the maintenance burden and
> build time significantly.

Even better :-)

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        ROX desktop / Zero Install
GPG: 9242 9807 C985 3C07 44A6  8B9A AE07 8280 59A5 3CC1