Re: Windows CVS .ignore entries

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Windows CVS .ignore entries
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:04:18 +0100

On Sunday 19 January 2003 17:54, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Can this please be applied, these are the directories VC++ puts the
> compiled files, and the stat directory that everyone will have on Windows,

It's applied.

> although I have no idea where it is put on Linux.

They object files are put into the same directories as the source. The
difference is that you have real shells in Linux which allow you to specify
much better what files to work with, so it's no great problem to avoid
unrequired files.

> I would have included these last time, but my CVS client had "issues" with
> adding directories to .cvsignore.

What about using notepad or some other editor? It's just a plain text file...

BTW I still hope that someone has some hints about how I'll be able to compile
every lib with the same threading settings. I don't even know where I'd have
to look in the VC settings. :-(

Bye David