phpprintipp

[Phpprintipp] Re: Reg . Data not printing

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: [Phpprintipp] Re: Reg . Data not printing
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:22:21 +0200

Hi All,

I had integrated the PHP classes for IPP in my code . The request is received by
the printer
but instead of data only Headers are being printed . My printer manufacturer is
HP.

Any help regarding this will be great.

Hello,

Do you pass through a CUPS server (UNIX/Linux/MacOSX print server), or
do you
send directly the requests to a network printer?

In the first case, CUPS has capability to print plain text, pdf,
postscript, and a few
images formats (jpeg, png, gif...). It also bypasses the native printer
language format
(as perhaps application/vnd-cups-raw, I don't remain exactly).

In the last case, you will be able to print plain text, or the native
language used
by your printer (PCL, ..., and also PostScript on high quality devices).

Also, you must ensure you're sending your requests to the IPP port
(usually tcp 631),
and _NOT_ to the windows SMB printer port nor the LPR/LPD port (tcp 515).