phpgroupware-users

Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problem on RedHat 8

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Installation problem on RedHat 8
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 16:22:11 +1100

doneg <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am having a problem with an install of the phpgroupware program
> on a
> RedHat 8 machine (Using Apache 2). I have updated the program from
> the
> CVS as noted in the "Can't log in" thread (I had that problem
> too.) but
> when the phpgroupware starts up I do not get the Administration
> icon to
> continue the administration process.

Ummm ... sounds like a bad setup.  I take that you do not have any real
data in your db.

Go to setup - setup/config and check that you have the admin app
installed.  I would also suggest that you go to setup - setup/config -
create accounts - this should recreate the accounts properly.

btw what package system are you using? cvs, tarball, rpms?

> While this may or may not have a bearing on the problem, I have
> had to
> go into all of my php app config files and change the host from
> the
> machine url to "localhost." This has been something of an issue as
> have worked for the past four days or so (off and on) to get the
> phpgroupware working. But whether it is a problem now I don't know.

Ummm ... i don't understand why you have done this.  But it could be
part of your problem.

Cheers

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)