phpgroupware-users

Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware and memory

From: Tom Gasaway
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Phpgroupware and memory
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:25:09 -0600

I had similar problems and I noticed that RedHat's default startup script
for apache (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd) includes all the modules (see moduleargs()).
I stripped out as many as I could that I wasn't using.  I also had to modify
httpd.conf to put in more IfDefine's around the things I removed to keep apache
from trying to load the modules.  I don't have this problem anymore, but I
didn't
investigate to determine which module actually caused the problem.  I included
the module options I removed and those I left in at the end of this message.

Tom Gasaway

Brian Johnson wrote:

> I have a similar problem for which I haven't yet found a fix
>
> Occasionally (ie about every two weeks) my httpd daemon sucks up so much
> memory that it slows down the server and I have to restart it (the httpd
> daemon)
>
> The httpd server process is normally only being used for phpgroupware - from
> informal testing I think that phpgroupware is doing it
>
> The server is a PIII 650 with 512M RAM a 10G HD for the system that includes
> a 522104K swap partition (the home directory is on a second hard drive)
>
> Brian Johnson
> address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
> Johnson Engineering Consultants
> 368 Huron St., Stratford, Ont.
> Ph: 519-271-9923
> Fax: 519-271-5353

Options Removed
---------------
#-DHAVE_PROXY
#-DHAVE_AUTH_DB
#-DHAVE_AUTH_DBM
#-DHAVE_AUTH_ANON
#-DHAVE_ACTIONS
#-DHAVE_ALIAS
#-DHAVE_CERN_META
#-DHAVE_DIGEST
#-DHAVE_EXAMPLE
#-DHAVE_IMAP
#-DHAVE_INFO
#-DHAVE_NEGOTIATION
#-DHAVE_SETENVIF
#-DHAVE_SPELING
#-DHAVE_PERL
#-DHAVE_STATUS
#-DHAVE_UNIQUE_ID
#-DHAVE_USERDIR
#-DHAVE_USERTRACK
#-DHAVE_VHOST_ALIAS
#-DHAVE_DAV
#-DHAVE_AUTH_LDAP
#-DHAVE_AUTH_ANY
#-DHAVE_AUTH_PGSQL
#-DHAVE_BANDWIDTH
#-DHAVE_ASIS
#-DHAVE_PUT
#-DHAVE_THROTTLE

Options kept

-DHAVE_ACCESS -DHAVE_AUTH -DHAVE_AUTOINDEX -DHAVE_CGI -DHAVE_DIR -DHAVE_ENV
-DHAVE_EXPIRES -DHAVE_HEADERS -DHAVE_INCLUDE -DHAVE_LOG_AGENT -DHAVE_LOG_CONFIG
-DHAVE_LOG_REFERER -DHAVE_MIME -DHAVE_MIME_MAGIC -DHAVE_MMAP_STATIC
-DHAVE_REWRITE -DHAVE_SSL -DHAVE_PHP4 -DHAVE_PYTHON -DHAVE_ROAMING
-DHAVE_AUTH_MYSQL -DHAVE_ALIAS