phpgroupware-docteam

[Phpgroupware-docteam] gopher

From: Juliet Quinn
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] gopher
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:18:20 +0200

Public opinion, particularly in the blogosphere, can make or break a startup, and it would be unwise for them to ignore this reality, even if this generates a "buzz". In short, I can imagine them doing all the things they could never have done with the traditional telephone network.
The posted comments at TechCrunch are also a good read.
One could also dive into a discussion about the business ethics and why an "end justifies the means" rational is usually a slippery slope. My friend Austin and I have come up with some more examples of fox news mis-labeling.
When you use your work email address to answer an explicit sex ad, you are essentially in violation of your employer's TOU.
But don't let that stop you from enjoying it online. The tagline on the home page states, "Buy, Sell and Trade Business Contacts".
It's an hilarious and enraging segment that shows what a creature of PR messages the "President" is, and how totally empty those focus-grouped aphorisms are. They need to better balance the competing interests. While effective for use with a small number of people willing to configure and learn it, it was just too burdensome for many others.
It's because they want to control the secondary sales market, and they are trying to use copyright law as an excuse.
Despite being formally notified that you are violating SalonQuest's legal rights, you have continued to list additional Aquage products on eBay. And if you want to place an ad, no matter how explicit, how can you do so safely? I can imagine them stealing account information, hijacking telephone calls, committing identity theft.
While effective for use with a small number of people willing to configure and learn it, it was just too burdensome for many others.
Public opinion, particularly in the blogosphere, can make or break a startup, and it would be unwise for them to ignore this reality, even if this generates a "buzz". This lack of "Opt Out" mechanism runs counter to commonly accepted data privacy principles.
You have to understand what it is to be an independent author making his living off of this.
I've long considered blogging to be a form of networking, and of course Wikis too, especially in the collaboration department. We already have seen how clever criminals have become over the past several years at stealing account information and personal data. Encryption is one of the essential security technologies for computer data, and it will go a long way toward securing VOIP.
"That is not for the weak of heart, and it's not what traditional media companies are good at.
Sounds great, doesn't it? The main idea has merit: Lots of people contributing their individual knowledge to the whole to create something bigger and more useful than just the sum of its parts. Aquage's contracts with its distributors doesn't give it the power to control the entire secondary market for its products. This lack of "Opt Out" mechanism runs counter to commonly accepted data privacy principles.