Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] IMPORTANT : SVN Structure change (Was Re:

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] IMPORTANT : SVN Structure change (Was Re: Who wants to play?)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:59:42 +0100

Maât wrote:
Sigurd Nes wrote:
Maât wrote:
to get a working copy from there you just need to  checkout this url
with subversion (or any graphical svn client like tortoise) :
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware/core/trunk

-- branches : the various stable (and some of them outdated)
branches...
for example you'll fint there the branch dedicated to current stable
versions  0.9.16.xxx

the here above stable branch name is "branch_0_9_16" i tried to
normalize all branch names ( branch_0_9_10 branch_0_9_12 branch_0_9_14
branch_0_9_16...)

to get a working copy from there you just need to  checkout this url
with subversion (or any graphical svn client like tortoise) :
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/phpgroupware/core/branches/branch_0_9_16

I works

Here is a howto on setting svn:externals
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/article/Short-tutorial-on-svn-propset-for-svnexternals-p.html

Regards

Sigurd

Thanks Sigrud.

Glad to see you have started to put new things into your "personal"
repository.

Hope you'll find a little bit of time to explain quickly the big
differences between each base trunk  app and your work so that we know
what could be looked at for later merging :)

I'm done - Take it for a spin :)

The main difference are
- That db-abstraction is converted to pdo (faster and more secure) - and that innodb is default for Mysql (to support transactions). The db-object supports db-cloning - which I really really need - so please don't remove it.
- New template (set as default)
- (most)Third party libraries are updated to latest.
- runs on php version 5.3
- mcrypted all settings in header.inc.php if set
- Admin can set preferences on behalf of users
- working Interlink - links (two-ways) items across the system
- properly working install/uninstall.

Other than that: massive fixes for ACL, LDAP, conversion of users handled as object (before:arrays), session handling and more... SOAP and XMLRPC is updated to latest and works as client and service - but the old services need attention.

I recommend that we take it further from the current state rather than trying to merge back single fixes.

* Working modules(personal trunk):

core
phpgwapi
setup
addressbook
admin
calendar
hrm
manual
messenger
notes
preferences
(projects - well - kind of)
property
sms
todo

* system trunk:
email might work(if configuration is correct): if it hangs - delete the menu-hook and restart apache

Regards

Sigurd