Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] line lengths

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] line lengths
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:18:08 -0500

I find 80 too limiting many times, but a target of 100 might be OK for
readability.  Since code and display are separated it shouldn't be a
huge issue, multi-part conditionals can easily be put on separate
lines but exceptions do need to be made for things like Guillaume
mentioned.  Also for large blocks multiple levels deep, even with
4-space tabs once you get a class-method-loop-if-switch-if-if half
your line is already gone to whitespace.

I'm happy not having a standard, but a target with no limit would be acceptable.