Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] gSOC2008 > phpGroupWare > Rework Setup

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] gSOC2008 > phpGroupWare > Rework Setup
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:13:31 -0500

this all looks pretty good, but the last step seems to gloss over
adding/removing application modules, language installation, setting
default admin and demo accounts, and configuring LDAP.  Will this new
wizard simply replace the current "manage header" and "setup step 1/2"
and end up with the current setup for creating admin account (most
confusing part of the current setup) and language/application
management?

I also would to expand step4 a bit because as I read it it's missing a
nice feature we currently have

>  + Step 4: Database configuration. Ask the user to input required
>  database parameters: database type(dropdown with supported databases
>  types), db host(default localhost), db name(default phpgroupware), db
>  user(default phpgroupware), db password(default empty).
>  if all permissions are OK user is redirected to the next step. In case
>  of any error appropriate message will be shown to the user.

Currently this information is captured in "header management"
unvalidated.  During installation there is an opportunity for the
admin to enter the "root" login, or another login with permissions to
create users, and have the captured account and database created for
them.  I'd like to see this option remain in some form.