[phpGroupWare-developers] Infolog behaves unpredictable with a certain n

From: Christian Rost
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Infolog behaves unpredictable with a certain number of entries and database stored sessions
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:44:19 +0200

Hi,

we discovered an unpredictable behavior in Infolog with databse stored
session data and more than 20 displayed entries. For example, if ones
going to add a new entry or to edit an existing one, it causes Infolog
to reload and start from the beginning, which can lead to an infinite loop.

The cause is the amount of data Infolog and especially eTemplate are
storing into the session. eTemplate stores each entry with it's whole
content into a session array. If there are too many entries to display,
the string [serialized array] gets too long to be stored completely.

##
## Solution / Bugfix
##
The perfect solution will be to change the Infolog code so it does not
store the whole data into a session array, but as you know Infolog is a
beast to debug. So I've changed the fieldtype of [phpgw_app_sessions ->
content] from "text" to "mediumtext" [MySQL].

Christian

Christian Rost
roCon - Informationstechnologie
Glatzer Weg 4