Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] new stuff to look at

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] new stuff to look at
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:06:31 -0800

Patrick Walsh (mr_e) wrote:

Dan,

   This is really *sweet* stuff.  Very slick and exciting.
Thanks

   I converted from Linux to OSX last year (and still loving it, btw, for
those wondering about checking into it) and so I thought I'd test a variety
of browsers on the Mac.  Mozilla is my main browser and worked flawlessly.
IE for Mac worked great.  Firebird had no problems.  But Safari (the
pre-Panther version, for those keeping track of these things -- I get
Panther tomorrow) didn't work and neither did Omniweb.
Well this is strange. I wonder what browser they are announcing as.

   I don't know if there is an alternative for pre-processing the XML for
those browsers that can't yet handle it, but that would be something to look
at.  Also, instead of an error message or something, this is what is shown
in browsers that don't do anything with the XML:
There is. I do browser detection to determine if the browser can render, otherwise I have PHP's XSLT engine render and just send the html.
So It looks like my browser detection needs some improvements.

Welcome to my website anonymous api default wcm.base.start wcm base start
index.php?sid=cookie wcm wcm 2anonymous Anonymous Anonymous default default
Yeah, your getting the xml and no rendering.

   Safari is already a pretty major browser and it would be a shame to shut
out its users.  Obviously this is alpha, so I'm just throwing in my comments
early to push it in the right directions.  Really love how it looks and how
it works though.  Nice going!
I wont lock it out, I just need more details to work with.
Can you send me some of the PHP details about the browser.
Use this:

<?php
echo 'HTTP_USER_AGENT: '.getenv("HTTP_USER_AGENT").'<br>';

From this I can look at triming out this browser and make sure PHP does the rendering.

Dan

..Patrick (mr_e)