Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: addressmaster vs no addressmaster

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: addressmaster vs no addressmaster
Date: 28 Oct 2003 15:55:48 -0600

Yes i remember brian wanted this from the begining. I think there is a
simple enough solution for that. But i wont volunteer to code it.

As the upgrade path and the setup_demo (upgraded and new installs
respectivly) are done, there is a way to identify system contact
information by owner=phpgw_info['addressmaster']. So a button could be
provided in admin to migrate all of that (being it upgraded or created
from scratch) into owner=account_id of corresponding account entry for
person_id. Its one update query.

All the rest is how brian depicts it.... let us see if we can really
spare the time here (jarg, eald, me) to code that feature. If not, we
need a volunteer. Its a good oportunity to learn the contacts_sql code
and the way the accounts <->contacts link work.

All in all i think its a good feature what brian is requesting, although
i think in other terms, i think central repositories for companies
should be kept tightly in sync and controled, or thats how i need it.
Brian, you are lucky u can do that to your users.

Anyhow, to be good enough some kind of link to edit my central directory
information should be provided, thats not complex at, its just a
phpgw->link call.