Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] 0.9.16 contacts communications problem

From: Edgar Luna
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] 0.9.16 contacts communications problem
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:40:13 -0600

Andreas Schiller <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to check this out. Can you send me a patch?
Be aware that this only remove the JOIN with phpgw_contact, what you
appoint must be fixed on contacts_sql, not builder at least sql builder
can't take this kind of decision atm.

http://co.com.mx/~eald/bugfix/extra-join.diff

BTW I'm interested on why you become with sub query solution, I want
to generalize this kind of decisions in order to include it on sq
builder (of course not atm),

> Yes, I know. And I didn't want to suggest to use a nested query. I
> just wanted to point out, that you would have to use a nested query in
> order to get waht you want... Certainly this is not possible within
> phpgw, so you have to find another solution. (eg make two queries and
> join the results into an array)

Mmmm, well in this case the phpgw_comm_descr is on a catalog so this
will be done without problems, but I'm looking for another query that
could be in the same danger.

Best regards.

--
Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz - http://www.sogrp.com
Fingerprint: C008 5EAC 5272 AC8C 7589  4821 8B34 6166 8733 8310