Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Scheme Proc on sequence for postgresql

From: Michael Dean
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Scheme Proc on sequence for postgresql
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:07:01 -0500

The short version is that the sequence needs to be updated to match the
table data after the new table is created and populated.  The flow of
the function does not need to change.  Try adding this before the final
return (beware of line wrapping):

// Update sequence to match
$sSeqField = '';
$this->GetSequenceFieldForTable($oProc, $sTableName, $sSeqField);
if ($sSeqField != '')
{
        $sSeqName = '';
        $this->GetSequenceForTable($oProc, $sTableName, $sSeqName);
        if ($sSeqName != '')
        {
                // we have a sequence name and the corresponding field, so it
must be
golden
                $sSQL = "SELECT SETVAL('$sSeqName', (SELECT MAX($sSeqField) FROM
$sTableName))";
                $oProc->m_odb->query($sSQL);
        }
}