RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Best way to store files

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Best way to store files
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:11:39 +0200

> I am about to try and allow users to attach files to specific
> events and
> am wondering the best way to store the files.  Should I just create a
> directory structure or store the files as binary in a mysql table.  I
> read this article(http://php.dreamwerx.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6)
> that seems to have some good ideas for the mysql way, but
> wanted to get
> the opinion of the group first.  Thanks for the advice.

Using the VFS (virtual file system) would be the best choice.

Lars will hopefully at the end of this week or start of next week
publish his changes to the Trouble Ticket System - where he has also used
the VFS to add documents to trouble tickets.
Then you could steal the code from there ;-)

Or take a look at the filemanager.

Greetings

Kai