RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] More problems found during the SAP DB por

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] More problems found during the SAP DB port
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:20:39 +0200

> > As it seems I have to patch a lot more of te phpgw, because of
> > reservedidentifiers.
> > The errors on the bottom have to be evaluated a bit more before I
> > exactlyknow whats the problem there.
> >

> I am happy to apply setup fixes, as submitted on the tracker.  But I
> think the scope of the overall changes to the schema are too great for
> it to be included in 16.  We are nearing the release of RC2,
> and I want
> RC2 to be a short cycle.  These schema changes would appear
> to create a
> fair bit of work and require more testing.
>
> What do others think?

Schema changes are only to rename the reserved column names a bit -
so for async I renamed "next" to "nextid".
So the changes are not so big - the most problem is to find out all
SQL statements using such a field by grep.

Btw. I have created resevered keyword identifier lists for

mysql, sapd, postgresql, sql92, sql99
(still have to separate ppostgresql, and sql9x into separate lists
and finally create one list of all of these.
Then I can add these wo the wiki.

Greetings

  Kai