Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP-Sync: First quick and dirty patch

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP-Sync: First quick and dirty patch
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:56:28 -0500

All in all.... ive been away for the week, was a t a congress full of
linux geeks to be....:)

Anyhow, we are already working on this but this is very appreciated! The
hard part of this is making it as generic as possible for newer syncyng
schemes.

Eald is writing a class that will be the objectified representation of
one contact, we can the iterate through that structure to make any kind
of import or export module, inlcuding LDAP. Im also working on porting
PEAR's net-ldap classes to phpgw with some modification (some heavy
mods, its a whole other pearly paradigm, although very OO). So we will
take this code you send as baseline for ldap transformation (to test out
output versus this) so that its the least functionality we will give to
ldap syncyng.

THe point is that syncing is just a one-time, one-record import/export
procedure, so we shouldnt be coding any of that intelligence twice
(syncing, and ldif export should reuse some code at least). Also, some
baseline code should be the same for ldap syncing, and csv I/E ...and so
on.

thanks much fips...