Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpGroupWare SECURITY RELEASE 0.9.14.006 -

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpGroupWare SECURITY RELEASE 0.9.14.006 - PLEASE UPDATE IMEDIATLY
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:37:31 -0400

Thanks, Ralf. I understand your hesitance to post details and appreciate your response. I'll make a copy of my tree and give this a shot.

Ralf Becker wrote:
Hi Daryl,

due to the nature of the bug (Exploit) I will not post any details here.

I recommend to use cvs as that will update your sources by mergeing in the changes only.

You can even use it to get diff's between .14.005 and .006 (try a "cvs rdiff -u -r Version-0_9_14-branch-0_0_5 -r Version-0_9_14-branch-0_0_6 phpgwapi" within your phpGW install).

Anyway I hope you already included the last security updates.

Ralf

Daryl L. L. Houston wrote:

Any way the nature of the bug and a brief description of the fix (or a pointer to its location in the source code) could be posted? I've done enough customizations to my install that a wholesale update isn't really plausible, but I'd like to apply the fix if possible. Thanks,

Ralf Becker wrote:

Hi all,

this release fixes a just discovered exploit in phpGroupWare.

The exploit works for *ALL* branches (.14, .16 and HEAD) !!!

EVERYONE, PLEASE UPDATE IMEDIATLY !!!

There is also one calendar bug fixed in this release: Dayview is displaying events again (was broken in .14.005) and germany manual files for some apps added.

You can grab it via a cvs update or from http://phpgroupware.org/downloads/

Cheers

Ralf Becker
on behalf of the phpGroupWare Development Crew

--
Daryl L. L. Houston