[Phpgroupware-developers] Inviting External Emails

From: Don Graver (dgraver)
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Inviting External Emails
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:14:42 +0100

OK...I have implemented a way to allow for users to invite people that are not currently registered to a meeting.  However, I am now trying to figure out a way to have them included in "private" meetings once they have registered through the registration app.  Since I have had to add a field to the phpgw_cal table...called "extraInvites", I can do a query on the database once a user registers that will search the phpgw_cal database for their email address in the new field ("extraInvites"), then do an INSERT into the phpgw_cal_user database to add that event to their calendar.

My questions are the following:
Is there a better way to implement this?
Are there any other tables that I may need to Update for a new user that was invited via the extraInvites tool?
and...on another note...
since I have been doing a lot of testing with this, I have a ton of meetings on the calendars.   Can I just remove all entries from the phpgw_cal and phpgw_cal_user table without hurting anything else?

-- Don