Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] License LGPL compatible?

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] License LGPL compatible?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:29:38 -0700

What classes in the API are GPL?
I hadnt seen anything like that in there. If there is any GPL code in the API, it needs to be removed and replaced with LGPL'd code, either by re-writing it, or by getting it relicensed by the author

Dan

Dave Hall wrote:

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

the phpgwapi is LGPL, most other apps are GPL, so as long as your app isn't a modified version of a GPL app you can make your module any license you want.

Some classes in the API are actually GPL, you will need to check the
headers on each API class you use.

Dominic Gamble (address@hidden) wrote:

I'm thinking about writing some software which i'd like to integrate
into phpgroupware (ie a module for phpgroupware).

A client is paying for the development and to get the return on
investmest it would have to non-free initially (ie, it couldn't

be GPL)

Can I run phpgroupware with a non-GPL module?

Can anyone tell me how the license works - is it LGPL compatible?

Cheers,
Dominic.

--

Dominic Gamble
Advancen Software Solutions & Multimedia

Phone  1300 888 680        Email address@hidden
Mobile 0402 059 219        Web   www.advancen.com
Global +61 1300 888 680    PO Box 558, South Melbourne
Fax    +61 3 9525 3446     VIC 3205, Australia