Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with acc

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] addressbook model and integration with accounts
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:22:25 +0000

Ralf Becker (address@hidden) wrote:

>Dan Kuykendall schrieb:

>>> This is a very valid point. Still, we cant have it as default that all
>>> apps wanting to link to contacts (which should be most, even the
>>> calendar, now that we are linking contacts to accounts). A better
>>> solution is to implement a real hook (tm) that will be enforced for all
>>> contact linking apps and will be called upon deletion of contacts.
>
>There are 2 possebilities to do so:
>1) each app implemented a delete_<app> hook for its entries which other
>apps linking to that app can implement OR
>2) we include this in the links class, introduced in an email from me
>dated 2003/06/17 09:23. Each link aware app has to call the delete
>function for the links-class when an entry gets deleted. The link class
>could propagate this to other "interested" apps or even call there
>delete functions, if they will be part of the link interface (they are
>not atm.).

what I would like, instead of a way to allow timetrack to handle a deleted
contact
record, is simply to prevent the deletion of that contact record (maybe with an
error message saying what app is linking to the contact record)

I think this would be the easiest to implement too

my main need is to prevent deletion, not cope with it