[Phpgroupware-developers] UI footer problem

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] UI footer problem
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:26:59 +0000

I am having a UI problem using Galeon and the Linux at work templates.  In email
when I mouse down on a button the right side of the page shifts to butt up to
the
menu on the left.  The result is that the button I clicked slides out from
under the
mouse and the click event never fires.  Note that does not happen in IE and may
be a
Galeon/Mozilla Linux issue but anyway.  When I started looking for the cause, I
found that the <DIV> tag placed by the templates head.tpl was not getting
closed.  I
checked the footer.tpl and it does have the closing </DIV>  but it seems this is
never being placed by email, calender, addressbook, notes, or todo.  Looking
around
I find this in the email app in email/inc/class.uiindex.inc.php at line 371
(.14 cvs)

// note, for some reason, eventhough it seems we *should* call
common->phpgw_footer(),
// if we do that, the client browser will get TWO page footers, so we do not
call it
here

Well, I'm getting a closing </body></html> but I am not getting the templates
footer.  Closing hte DIV didn't fix my UI problem, but it doesn't seem right
that
it's not calling the templates footer.