Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Notify

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Notify
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:42:39 +0000

The notify windows is supposed to refresh itself every 300 seconds
(configurable by
editing notify.php) and will display a message telling you how many unread
messages
you have.

Trouble is, it uses a <meta> refresh and certain versions of browsers do not
properly honor it, namely IE 5.5 before SP2, so the window never refreshes when
using those browsers.

BTW, if anyone is interested in making a tray app or a panel wiget, check out
notify_simple.php.  It's no XML-RPC, it was made before phpGW's XML-RPC support
was
started, but it should provide a nice simple example on how to use the hooks to
check for new email.