Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fresh install problems

From: Darryl
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fresh install problems
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:46:34 -0600

woohooo!

InformIT: Introducing phpGroupWare

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2002-03-26-018-26-RV-DV

requires registration so i'm not going to read it but hey!

excerpt:
  "We start today's office visit with a great little groupware application.
Groupware represents a collection of networked applications that makes
working together as a group somewhat easier. Generally speaking, that means
centralized email, calendars, address books, discussions forums, and any of
a hundred other applications. If it can bring people together into a common
or collaborative environment, it probably qualifies.

  "You may already have client applications such as these on your corporate
PCs, but you are also bound by expensive license agreements and a support
nightmare that grows with every installed client. Wouldn't it be nice to
have all those functions under one, web-based server environment? That way
you would not have to purchase, install, and maintain client software for
every PC. Even better ? how about being able to provide access to your users
from anywhere in the world? All you need is a browser.

  "Let me introduce you to phpGroupWare, a GPL'ed groupware environment with
an open source API so that applications can easily be created and added to
the system. Already, there are a number of applications such as local
weather, headlines, bookmarks, todo lists, phone logs, forums, and even
customizable online polls; and the list is growing. If you are like me, a
nice screenshot certainly helps in trying to help you make a decision. After
all, it's a nice GUI world out there, at least for our non-admin users..."