pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] FS#108 (and flyspray)

From: Pablo Vasquez
Subject: [pdf-devel] FS#108 (and flyspray)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:27:13 +0000

Greetings. I just replied to a NO-REPLY. Sorry for that. Even if I
wanted to take FS#108, I realised I don't have a flyspray account!
     I've managed to compile check with i586-mingw32msvc and pay the
unit tests a try. Results were rather good, although there are some
things that went wrong. I hope this helps.
First, make check tries to run torture/unit/runtests.exe, this won't
get the tests to run as they seem to need to be run via the
torture/unit/runtests libtool wrapper script. To make a hot run, I
just forced the program name in torture/unit/Makefile to not include
$(EXEEXT), so that it ran runtests instead of runtests.exe. This
worked fine for running the tests, although there were some problems
with how they ran. Can this be cleanly fixed? I also have to mention
here that I am using binfmt-support so that runtests is able to run
runtests.exe without being modified.
     The first time, the tests ran (with some failures) until a page
fault came up trying to run pdf_stm_write_015. Curiously this one and
pdf_stm_write_016 (which also brings up this page fault) are fixtured
test cases. The execution doesn't even reach the test code (found that
out by placing some debug printfs), so I think this must have
something to do with check's abilities to run fixtures under wine.
Didn't try it in windows, though.
For the sake of completeness, I took these two tests out and ran
everything again. This time everything ran fine, with some of wine's
internal whinings and some test failures, but no page faults. I
attached make's full output and the log from check's run without the
fixtured test cases.

Attachments:
make-output-fault.txt
This is make check output including wine's debug info for the fault.

make-output-nofix.txt
make check output without the troubled tests.

crippled-log.txt
this is torture/unit/ut.log from the run in which pdf_stm_write_01[65]
weren't run.

Well. This report is not following any protocols about how things
should be done, but hey, I got some free time and decided to give it a
try, and thought you would like to know about the results.
Oh, and I almost forgot. This was run with CK_FORK="no" in its environment.