pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Hello

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Hello
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:13:33 +0200

Hello.

   Hi, I'd like to contribute to gnu pdf.

Many thanks :)

   I'm a C programmer with a background in mathematics,
   a gcc user since 1995, but I have never given anything back.
   Where can get a start ?

You could start taking a look at the information in the project
webpages:

- The current roadmap: http://www.gnu.org/software/pdf/Roadmap.html
- The existing development notes: http://www.gnu.org/software/pdf/DevNotes.html

Then checkout a copy of the sources from the CVS repository. There is
an implementation of basic PDF objects in pdf_obj.[ch]. The files
pdf_stm_* implement a stream abstraction that will be used by the
lexer to access the contents of PDF files. pdf_date.[ch] and
pdf_rectangle.[ch] are PDF common data types.

I am now working in the implementation of PDF functions (the PDF
format allow you to define certain types of functions into the
file). Your background in mathematics could be quite helpful here. We
need a number of mathematics functions implemented in an efficient
way: for example, cubic spline interpolation and exponential
interpolation. If you want, I could give you the details for what we
need (and with which interface).

Welcome to the project :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden>