partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] partysip+iptables problem

From: Shen Rong
Subject: [Partysip-dev] partysip+iptables problem
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:36:49 +0800

Hi,
   We use partysip+iptables to impl a nat server who
allow rtp/rtcp to traverse. When a call is setuped,
the server will add DNAT and SNAT iptables rules dynamically
to do packet manipulation, and it works ok. But when the call
is stopped, and after the iptables rules are deleted, the
packet manipulation function of the previous call is still
enabled, so the following calls which are from/to the same
address won't be dealed with properly. We found the UDP
sessions of the previos call is still in the ip_conntrack table.
Before this sessions were timeout(180s), the iptables would still
use this old infomration to manipulate the matched packets. There
is no way to clear the ip_conntrack table. So how to avoid this
issue, any ideas? Thanks.

Shenrong