Re: Warning: Semaphore stuck for 30 seconds

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Warning: Semaphore stuck for 30 seconds
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 23:27:57 +0100

:
:
:
> The home are exported along each cluster nodes by NFS:
>
> /data01/home 192.168.4.0/24(rw,no_root_squash)

Annoying: So this means that we still have not fixed the NFS issue completely.

> each node have 32 processors. The script that are:

This could be rewritten as:

ene_calc() {
  source program_ene_calc.sh
  mkdir $1
  cd $1
  echo $1

  CALC_program.py -O ................. -o RESULTS.dat.$1

  mv RESULTS.dat.$1 ../Files/
  gzip ../Files/RESULTS.dat.$1&

  cd ..
  rm -rf $1
}
export -f ene_calc
mkdir Files
# Why not just remove -j 30 and have GNU Parallel run one on each core?
parallel -j 30 ./ene_calc ::: {1..1000}
echo all done

GNU Parallel will be faster and NFS will not be an issue. (And IMHO it
is more readable).

/Ole