Re: GNU Parallel 20180222 ('Henrik') released

From: Hans Schou
Subject: Re: GNU Parallel 20180222 ('Henrik') released
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 23:48:24 +0100

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:55 PM, Ole Tange <tange@gnu.org> wrote:
* --embed makes it possible to embed GNU parallel in a shell script.

Ain't that a dirty hack ;-)

I got the speech prepared: Within this decade, GNU Parallel would be rolled out on all desktops. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win.

And to the foreigners who don't know the husband of Queen of Denmark has just died recently, he finally got the release name:

GNU Parallel 20180222 ('Henrik') has been released. It is available
for download at: http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/parallel/

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_de_Laborde_de_Monpezat
Rest In Peace.

And my 15th wedding day: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/parallel/2015-08/msg00012.html