Re: bug in parallel

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: bug in parallel
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 18:39:28 +0200

:
>>> I was trying to install paralell in my centos machine and ended up with
>>> this bug.
>>>
>>> * The version number: 20150522
>>> * The bugid: pidtable format: 21170 1

[... example with program with no name ...]

> $ parallel -h
> parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
> Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
> * The version number: 20160122
> * The bugid: pidtable format: 104833 98464

You have included the version number, but since you are not running
the latest released version you should specify why you believe the
problem is not fixed in that version as per REPORTING BUGS:

  The complete output of parallel --version. If you are not running
the latest released version you should specify why you believe the
problem is not fixed in that version.

Jessin Janice J.: Do you have programs running that have no names
(similar to what K.IEMURA describes)? If so: What are those programs?
This will give you their pids:

  ps -a -opid,cmd | grep -v '[0-9] .'

/Ole