Re: parallel error while parsing options

From: Gabriel Ganne
Subject: Re: parallel error while parsing options
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:02:33 +0200

Hi,

I am running a redhat7 workstation.

$ cat  /etc/system-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 7.2 (Maipo)

$ cat /etc/os-release
NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation"
VERSION="7.2 (Maipo)"
ID="rhel"
ID_LIKE="fedora"
VERSION_ID="7.2"
PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 7.2 (Maipo)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.2:GA:workstation"
HOME_URL="https://www.redhat.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.redhat.com/"

REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7"
REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.2
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.2"

Regards,

On 10 May 2016 at 13:51, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org> wrote:
Hi Gabriel,

On Tue, 10 May 2016 10:28:58 +0200
Gabriel Ganne <gabriel.ganne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed parallel from this link
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parallel/parallel-20160422.tar.bz2
> I encounter the following error (or with any command) :

Thanks for the report. What is your OS/distribution/versions?

Regards,

        Shlomi

> $ parallel --help
> parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
> Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
> * The version number: 20160422
> * The bugid: pidtable format: 8022 1
>
> * The command line being run
> * The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)
>
> If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.
>
> I most probably have something wrong in my environment, but I have no idea
> what.
> I am running rhel7.
>
> $ perl --version
>
> This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
> x86_64-linux-thread-multi
> (with 29 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2012, Larry Wall
>
> Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
> the
> GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.
>
> Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
> this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
> Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.
>
> Regards,

Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
The Human Hacking Field Guide - http://shlom.in/hhfg

At this point, I'd like to take a moment to speak to you about the Adobe PSD
format. PSD is not a good format. PSD is not even a bad format. Calling it
such would be an insult to other bad formats, such as PCX or JPEG. No, PSD is
an abysmal format.
    — https://github.com/gco/xee/blob/master/XeePhotoshopLoader.m