loadavg_invalid_content report

From: Rob Sargent
Subject: loadavg_invalid_content report
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 21:55:39 -0700

We have encountered a problem which gnu-parallel suggests might be a bug.

mv: cannot create regular file `/home/u0430776/.parallel/tmp/loadavg-integrity': File exists
mv: cannot create regular file `/home/u0430776/.parallel/tmp/loadavg-integrity': File exists
parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
* The version number: 20150822
* The bugid: loadavg_invalid_content: /home/u0430776/.parallel/tmp/loadavg-integrity

* The command line being run
seq $runc | parallel --halt soon,fail=20 \
    --joblog $joblogFile --delay 2 \
    --sshloginfile $hostf \
    --load '100%' \
    $SGSSH $pedf $parf $pvald $efft $simc $server {}
where
  • runc is int 250 - 1000
  • SGSSH is a script which runs a java programme.
  • pedf part are largish datafilee available via nfs mounts, remaining args are trivial
  • hostf has 4 - 10 hosts, with 2 - 15 jobs requested
To the best of my knowledge this so far has been a single cluster of events. i.e. several reports in a very short time span.

Nothing in the two weeks since it was noticed, but thought we should pipe up in case this triggers anything for development