Re: hostnames from stdin

From: Rick Leir
Subject: Re: hostnames from stdin
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:16:06 -0500

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM, <parallel-request@gnu.org> wrote:

./getIpsFromAPI | parallel --tag --nonall -S - --transfer fixThing.sh

I want it to take the local file, transfer it and exec it in the usual way,
but I want the filename as an arg to transfer, and the hostnames to come
from stdin.  Is there a way to do that?

Maybe use a simple Perl script? Something like this (tho you would get the hostnames from stdin):

my $serverList = " -S rich\\\@cy-pc -S rich\\\@yob -S rich\\\@orano -S : --sshdelay 0.2 ";

my( undef, $idjobQueue, $command, $parm1, $parm2, $notify) = getOCRjob();

`./getIpsFromAPI | parallel $serverList $command `;

Cheers -- Rick