Re: GNU Parallel for multi threaded copy of 1GB file from linux machine

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: GNU Parallel for multi threaded copy of 1GB file from linux machine to remote windows machine
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 22:19:25 +0200

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Pradeep Patra <smilesonisamal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I am sorry I am beginner to use GNU parallel. I want to use GNU parallel
> for multithreaded copy from linux machine to remote windows machine.
>
> Is it possible ? If so could anyone help me in providing the usage of it.

For this you need a single command that can copy from a GNU/Linux
machine to a Microsoft Windows machine. I cannot help you with that,
but let us assume it is called scp and takes filename and
host:/dir/filename for the remote machine, and that it requires no
password to login (login done through digital certificates).

Then it is as simple as:

parallel scp {} host:/dir/{} ::: file1 file2 ...

/Ole