how does gnu parallel handle SIGINT/SIGQUIT?

From: Martin d'Anjou
Subject: how does gnu parallel handle SIGINT/SIGQUIT?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 12:03:54 -0400

GNU Parallel "wraps" the execution of other programs, just like shells
do. I'd like to understand how exactly GNU Parallel behaves itself
when it gets SIGINT/SIGQUIT. The reason I ask is because I have a
program that performs special actions on SIGINT (a bit like emacs does
but not quite).

According to http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html, there are
several ways to handle SIGINT/SIGQUIT: IUE, WUE, WCE. It looks like
WCE is the best method, and it looks like the right behavior is
described in "How to be a proper shell". Does GNU parallel behave
according to that article's "proper shell" definition?

Thanks,
Martin