RE: Multiple Inputs xml files and multiple xsl files to

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: RE: Multiple Inputs xml files and multiple xsl files to
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 05:04:50 +0000

Alex,

You have a lot of detail you are specifying that is cluttering up your
understanding of parallel.

Perhaps the following mini-tutorial will build up the concepts it sounds like
you want to use.

# create 2 empty xml files and 3 empty xlst files
$ touch f{1..2}.xml
$ touch f{1..3}.xlst

# look at them
$ ls f*.{xml,xlst}
f1.xlst  f1.xml  f2.xlst  f2.xml  f3.xlst

# show off how to process them pairwise
$ parallel echo  do something to {1} and to {2} ::: f*.xml ::: f*.xlst
do something to f1.xml and to f1.xlst
do something to f1.xml and to f2.xlst
do something to f1.xml and to f3.xlst
do something to f2.xml and to f1.xlst
do something to f2.xml and to f2.xlst
do something to f2.xml and to f3.xlst

# show off how to construct named output file also
$ parallel echo  do something to {1} and to {2} putting output into
{1.}_{2.}.res ::: f*.xml ::: f*.xlst
do something to f1.xml and to f1.xlst putting output into f1_f1.res
do something to f1.xml and to f2.xlst putting output into f1_f2.res
do something to f1.xml and to f3.xlst putting output into f1_f3.res
do something to f2.xml and to f1.xlst putting output into f2_f1.res
do something to f2.xml and to f2.xlst putting output into f2_f2.res
do something to f2.xml and to f3.xlst putting output into f2_f3.res

# now replace my echo sentence with your command - your use of advanced remote
features will make your job harder

???

~ malcolm_cook@stowers.org