Numbered files created in current working directory?

From: Edward J. Sabol
Subject: Numbered files created in current working directory?
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 19:54:23 -0500

Hello! I just upgraded to GNU parallel 20141022.

Whenever I run any parallel command (including "parallel --version"!), it
creates 61 files numbered 1 though 61 in the current working directory. Most
of these files have zero length, but file 1 and/or 2 sometimes contain output
from the parallelized commands.

Is this a bug? My previous versions of GNU parallel from a couple years ago
did not create any numbered files in the current working directory.

Also, "resources" is misspelled as "ressources" in
parallel_tutorial.{1,pod,texi,html}.

Thanks for all your efforts with this very useful tool.

Cheers,
Ed