Re: Replacement strings

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Replacement strings
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:16:46 +0000 (UTC)

Ole Tange <ole <at> tange.dk> writes:
> I was wrong. I analysed a few million lines of perl code: {{...}} is
> not that uncommon. However, {= ... =} is extremely uncommon. So unless
> there are heavy reason not to, then {= ... =} will be the magic
> braces.

This is also fantastically complicated to type, depending on the keyboard
language and how you get at the alternate characters.  If you are insisting
on the braces, then please consider at least using {~ ... ~}.  How about
using digraphs or trigraphs instead?  The ??( ... ??) sequence works well
for me, but admittedly it is somewhat less easily reachable with a US ASCII
keyboard layout.  The digraph %< .. %> on the other hand doesn't work well
on a german keyboard while it is quite nice on US ASCII.

Regards,
Achim.