replacement string for running jobs number(not job number{#})

From: max
Subject: replacement string for running jobs number(not job number{#})
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 13:15:38 -0400

I am a newbee to GNU/Parallel.  this feature might have been implemented, but I have not found yet. So I asked it here.

For example, Let's say we have 9 jobs to run on  two cores Core1 and Core2. we taskset command to stick the jobs on the specific cores which are available. Not any single core can not run two jobs at the same time.

Here I think a replacement string for the running jobs number (if we have) that might be able used to control which core the job is running on. Assume this replacement string is {##}:
$ parallel -k  -j2 taskset -c {##} echo {#} {1} {2}  "running on core" {##}  ::: a b c  ::: 1 2 3
1 a 1 running on core 0
2 a 2 running on core 1
3 a 3 running on core 1
4 b 1 running on core 1
5 b 2 running on core 0
6 b 3 running on core 1
7 c 1 running on core 1
8 c 2 running on core 1
9 c 3 running on core 1
Then we will have a sample output like the above, here, I assumed that Core1 is way too heavy load by other jobs, make it runs slower then Core2.