--controlmaster not sems to reuse OpenSSH connections to the same host

From: phoebus phoebus
Subject: --controlmaster not sems to reuse OpenSSH connections to the same host
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:23:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I read the following thread: 'Running >10 jobs in parallel on the same remote machine', 'Using --filter-hosts breaks parallel' but i have some difficulty to use Controlmaster with parallel.

i use this version
# parallel -V | head -1
GNU parallel 20140222
#
I need to parse jobs between localhost and severals remote servers, i use NFS shares for data input sent to parallel and also to get the output.

The following runs well on localhost and on both node with ssh but spawn every time a new ssh session for each jobs on remote host.
Extract from my command:
cat /root/local/bin/H.txt \
| parallel -j +0 --controlmaster -S :,server1  "${IDENTIFY_CMD} -depth 8 -limit thread 1 -format \"${OPT_JOIN}\n\""  {} > ${OUTPUT_FILE_DAT}  2> ${OUTPUT_FILE_ERR}

into /root/.parallel/tmp/ , paralel created 2 directories: control_path_dir-bgnO, control_path_dir-J2L4  becasue teh remote servers have 2 cores.

I started a control master session before parallel but I don't succes also to tell to parallel that subsequent sessions are connected to the control master via socket at the end of the control path.

# cat /root/.ssh/config
Host *
ControlMaster auto
ControlPath
#

how to pass the folwing option to parallel, if it's not possible to use the --controlmaster option.
# ssh -o "ControlPath=/root/tmp/%r@%h:%p"  server1

Thanks for any advice to use controlmaster with parallel.