Re: limits on stdout

From: Rob Sargent
Subject: Re: limits on stdout
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:06:38 -0700

Using parallel -u --results -j 3 <dir> myApp -a {}> /dev/null 2>&1 ::: a1 a2 a3 a4 appears to be working. All three stdouts are being written to equally. Thanks. (All three are still running so I haven't confirmed the redirect yet...)

It appears to me that one cannot use parameters in the redirect e.g "> path/{}.foo". Is that correct?

Ever grateful,
rjs