Re: signature mismatch

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: signature mismatch
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 19:08:05 +0100

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM, ChessDoter <chessdoter@gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm new to parallel, only discovered it 2 weeks ago and was able to put it
> to some use. :-) GREAT tutorial, btw.

Wonderful to hear. If you like GNU Parallel:

* Walk through the tutorial
(http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/parallel_tutorial.html)
* Give a demo at your local user group/team/colleagues
* Post the intro videos and tutorial on Reddit/Diaspora*/forums/blogs/
Identi.ca/Google+/Twitter/Facebook/Linkedin/mailing lists
* Request or write a review for your favourite blog or magazine
* Invite me for your next conference

If you use GNU Parallel for research:

* Please cite GNU Parallel in you publications (use --bibtex)

If GNU Parallel saves you money:

* (Have your company) donate to FSF https://my.fsf.org/donate/

> Only i had to manually install it - no matter what plattform i used -
> because this:
>>
>>   (wget -O - pi.dk/3 || curl pi.dk/3/ || fetch -o -http://pi.dk/3) | bash
>
> gives (among warnings: fetch & curl not found):
>>
>> The signature on parallel-20131222.tar.bz2 is wrong. This may indicate
>> that a criminal has changed the code.
>> THIS IS BAD AND THE CODE WILL NOT BE INSTALLED.

I have tested and it works fine on my system. Could you include the
full output and not just the last few lines?

It could be something only relevant for your local user. Can you
create a new user and try running the command as the new user?

Please see if you can reproduce the error on one of these VirtualBox
images: http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualboximage/files/

Also please check you get these md5sums:
$ md5sum parallel-20131222*
782e594b226454ef58ac4e3d4addaba4  parallel-20131222.tar.bz2
09e31830b950ac7213044dffdfcb642e  parallel-20131222.tar.bz2.sig

I just discovered, you will get the same error, if you have a
directory called parallel-20131222, so start by:

  rm -rf parallel-20131222*

/Ole