Re: Facing issue with running GNU Parallel on a cluster

From: Nanditha Rao
Subject: Re: Facing issue with running GNU Parallel on a cluster
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:27:03 +0530

I tried to debug it more and I realised that it was error with -"Stale NFS file handle". In my loop, I tried renaming the files and directories everytime in the loop and that resolved the issue.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Ole Tange <ole@tange.dk> wrote:
Hi Nanditha.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Nanditha Rao <nanditha.ec@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ques 1:

Please read 'man parallel' on Reporting bugs:

       Your bug report should always include:

       · The error message you get (if any).

       · The output of parallel --version. If you are not
         running the latest released version you should specify
         why you believe the problem is not fixed in that
         version.

       · A complete example that others can run that shows the
         problem. This should preferably be small and simple. A
         combination of yes, seq, cat, echo, and sleep can
         reproduce most errors. If your example requires large
         files, see if you can make them by something like seq
         1000000 > file or yes | head -n 10000000 > file.

       · The output of your example. If your problem is not
         easily reproduced by others, the output might help them
         figure out the problem.

       If you suspect the error is dependent on your environment
       or distribution, please see if you can reproduce the
       error on one of these VirtualBox images:
       http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualboximage/files/

       Specifying the name of your distribution is not enough as
       you may have installed software that is not in the
       VirtualBox images.

You are more likely to get help if you follow that.

/Ole