Re: Using parallel in a cluster

From: Jay Hacker
Subject: Re: Using parallel in a cluster
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:12:48 -0500

My understanding is that you can use, for example, -j50% with --sshlogin to use half the cores on each machine in your cluster.  You could also look into --load and/or --nice, or running your jobs with niceload(1), to dynamically use all available CPU while also leaving capacity for others.  These and other good options are explained in the manual.