Re: Running >10 jobs in parallel on the same remote machine

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Running >10 jobs in parallel on the same remote machine
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 12:57:58 +0200

:
> It can be tested like this:
>
>  1) in one terminal run:
>
>     ssh -o ControlMaster=yes -o ControlPath=/tmp/foo \
>       server "date; read; last | head"
>
>  2) as soon as you can see the output of 'date' you can
>     run the following in another terminal:
>
>     seq 100 | parallel -j0 ssh -o ControlPath=/tmp/foo \
>       server 'echo {};sleep 2'

No good. I get:

mux_client_request_session: session request failed: Session open refused by peer

I do not loose any jobs, but I do not want GNU Parallel to spew out
that kind of warnings.

> The above works fine on my Gentoo machine. Afterwards I
> tested on Debian Squeeze and it just doesn't work. :-(

So are we reaching the conclusion that Control* will not be a usable
solution? Or do you have other ideas that might fix it?

/Ole