Query about running a perl script on multiple computers using Parallel

From: setheridge
Subject: Query about running a perl script on multiple computers using Parallel
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 22:36:53 +0100

I'm not sure this worked the first time, so here goes again!

I am happily using parallel to run jobs on multiple machines - mostly greps.  I now want to run the same perl script on the machines but every combination of options I try results in the message about needing to be an expert and suggesting I use CTRL and D!

The following sort of syntax seems to work for grep:

parallel -q -onall -sshloginfile mycomputers grep -E -H '123456789' ::: /home/data/test/*.txt

but nothing like it will run the script test.pl in the same subdirectory on all machines - just the message about using CTRL D!
Any help would be gratefully received.
All the best
Stephen