Re: Configurable rsync options for --transfer

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Configurable rsync options for --transfer
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:01:01 +0200

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Jay Hacker <jayqhacker@gmail.com> wrote:

> We could have an --rsync-opts flag, that
> just sets the rsync options; or we could have a --transfer-prog that
> lets you specify a different program entirely (like scp).  Thoughts?

I would like GNU Parallel to behave similar to something you might
already know. The hope is that someone else might have made some good
design decisions that we can use.

If we can find some other programs that has a configurable
rsync-command/options, then GNU Parallel might mimic that. It does not
have to be configurable through a command line switch, it could also
be using an environment variable.

/Ole